- Consider a year-end donation or a membership to support NKTA -
2015 will be a crucial year to secure land in the Port Gamble Uplands Block. We are working hard to save the remaining 3300 acres of open space and trails in Port Gamble as well additional land in the Kitsap Forest and Bay Project. NKTA is also working on the purchase of a major regional trail link, to connect the Port Gamble Trails to NK Heritage Park, Kingston, Suquamish and Indianola.
NKTA has been fortunate to obtain generous project sponsorships. This year REI even funded tools to help our volunteers. But even an all volunteer non-profit where everyone works for free, has operating expenses; like our website, insurance & government filing fees. Trail projects on private property (like Millie's and most Port Gamble trails) are also tough to find Project sponsorship funds for. Next year, it's especially crucial to have non-project specific funds available to follow through on our plans to purchase a key trail link. NKTA operates on a shoestring budget, so any donation helps! Please help us in achieving these very important projects!
|Donate to NKTA||Join NKTA|
We've had some huge victories to celebrate in 2014!
- Kitsap's acquisition of 534 acres of Port Gamble Shoreline
- Kitsap's 366 acre expansion North Kitsap Heritage Park
- Conceptual Planning for Port Gamble Trails w/ 17 partners
- Kitsap County applied for 3 trail grants in Port Gamble
- Events: Poulsbo Marathon, Stottelmeyer 30/60 Ride, Lumber jack Endurance Run
- National Designation for Kitsap Peninsula Water Trails
- Volunteers built new trails in Poulsbo, Kingston & NK Heritage Park
- Bainbridge Island now has a preferred design for the start of the Sound to Olympics Trail
There is even more to do in 2015. Some of NKTA's 2015 work will include:
- Continuing work to preserve Port Gamble land & trails (We've only saved 14%)
- Trail projects and maintenance in Kitsap County parks, NK communities & Port Gamble
- Purchasing a key trail link for the Sound to Olympics Trail across North Kitsap
- Supporting Kitsap Water trails and installing water trail signage in North Kitsap
- Assist with KFBP fundraising including the Divide with a key STO trail link.
- Providing new and better trail maps
- Keeping our members informed about all issues trails in our community