- 2007 - OPG (Olympic Property Group) had a meeting with over 500 people interested in trails in North Kitsap attending.
- 2007 - OPG publishes their vision for trails and more.
- 2008 - North Kitsap Trails Association (NKTA) was created establishing a Board of Directors and becoming a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation.
- 2008/2009 - North Kitsap Trails Association was awarded 2 National Park Service Grants to develop a Trails Plan.
- 2009 - NKTA diversified its Board to include Kitsap County, OPG, and representatives from NK local communities.
- 2009/2010 - NKTA is currently developing a Trails Plan.
- 2010 - Opening of North Kitsap Heritage Park.
- 2010 - County Commissioner Steve Bauer and Jon Rose of Olympic Property Group announced the proposed North Kitsap Legacy Partnership between Kitsap County with a goal to combine economic development in Port Gamble while conserving 7000 acres of Open Space in North Kitsap.