Looking for a Worthy Cause for End of the Year Donations?
Look No Further
We would like to encourage you to continue your donations to the North Kitsap Trails Association. Your donations allow us to do the work that benefits us all. Some accomplishments from 2018:
- Acquisition of the Pope Resource properties in Port Gamble. NKTA worked with others to preserve as natural space an area larger than Discovery Park in Seattle
- Opened a loop trail and overlooks on the Bluff Trail along the Port Gamble shoreline
- Assisted with Port Gamble Park work parties to improve access and trails within the park (such as the Bluff Trail and Secret Squirrel Trail). (NKTA provided volunteers, equipment, and food!)
- Purchased a covered trailer in which tools and other NKTA items can be safely stored.
- Completed a new and improved map of Port Gamble Heritage Park
- Continued to keep the needs and vision of the STO in front of state and county decision-makers.
With your help we hope to continue working on trial improvements in 2019 such as posting the new maps on signs throughout the park and extending the Secret Squirrel and Buff Trails in Port Gamble Forest Heritage Park and in other locations.
Additionally, and most critically, NKTA will continue to make sure the voices of our supporters are heard by those in power. Over the coming year, decisions will be made regarding the uses of our open spaces, routing for the STO and for infrastructure improvements (e.g. parking areas) within the county. Your donations will help to make sure our voice heard, so those decisions reflect the mission of NKTA: uniting North Kitsap County with a regional system of land and water trails, promoting stewardship of natural resources and enhancing our communities' livability.